Misconceptions I'd Love to Correct Everytime.



I hate to admit this but I have my 'self-righteous' moments in my life and I don't know if I should be proud of it or hate it at some point. But then, I guess, it's one of the main reason why we feel the urge of laughing at someone whom you thought is kind-of stupid because they said something wrong and you know exactly what is right. I can't hate people who does it because at some point, I was one of them. I feel good whenever someone would say something he or she obviously don't know anything about while I know everything about it. But I don't condone this type of people or reaction anymore. True, I guess it's already a human nature, but after having fun, why won't you educate the person instead, right?

I came to realize, what good does laughing at someone from their mistakes make me? I know what's right, and then I laugh at that person because he or she was wrong. That made me the wrong one. So over the course, I am not saying I am smart or something, but I know things and some people finds it comfortable to ask me about these things and I'd be glad to help.

I know, people might find it offensive sometimes. Correcting them in front of other people or even correcting them alone, they might find it inappropriate but then, if not you, who would tell them what's right? If not now, when would you tell them what's right?

So sometimes, I make it a habit of making other people feel a bit comfortable at me correcting them sometimes. I mean, my intentions were good but if they find it offensive, I can't do anything about it anymore.

1. "May sinus kasi ako, eh."


I tell them that everyone does have sinuses and that what he or she has is actually sinusitis or sinus infection. Actually, it isn't sinusitis yet if the symptoms such as runny nose, facial pain or stuffy nose didn't even reached for at least ten days and that's acute sinusitis. But we'll know the drill. 

2. "Lasing na kasi ako, eh."


I jokingly tells them that they are not, and that if they are drunk, they won't admit that they are because they would probably still be asking for more booze. I mean, I have thought about it. If the person is really drunk, they would ask for more. Whereas, if you can still stand up properly and can say goodbye and tell others that you're already drunk, you are not. You're just tipsy, or you've had a bit of a drink. Or I'll just let them  believe it if that's their own understanding.

3. "Kpop ka ba?"


I make it clear that I AM A KPOP FAN and that KPOP is actually a genre of music that meant KOREAN POP. It can't be used as an adjective to describe a person.

4. "Chubby ka, 'diba?"


I don't know if they're just being nice or polite but I would jokingly tell them that no, I am actually FAT. Because I think I am. I mean, I don't think of FAT as an insult and I am well aware of my size. I feel like it felt more awkward if someone's trying to sugarcoat me. Lol.

How about you guys? Let me know if you have an experience in something like this! :)

0 comments