How I Cleared My Skin


I guess it's time for me to talk about my struggle with pimples, acne and other imperfections in my face and how I finally cleared my face recently. It wasn't as sensitive as others thought it would be, just like how I talked about my journey on my weight and other things. 

I had a baby face. It was't until my third year in High School when pimples started to pop up. It was also when I started being nocturnal. I sometimes go to school with only 3-4 hours of sleep or none at all. It was when I realized I can think better or do things better at night. I'm a night person. So everyone just thought including me that it's normal, the hormones or other things. I went to college with a lot of pimples and imperfections in my face but I don't know, just like my weight, it didn't hinder me in having a lot of friends or be a little social for my taste. 

One time I went home to our province and I started sleeping earlier. My routine changed and a miracle happened. My pimples started to lessen until I went back to Manila where it just came back. Well, maybe because of my lifestyle. 

But it was never that big of an issue. I wasn't vain. But it doesn't mean I did not try. Because believe me, I did. Hard. I used different products. And I mean a lot of them. Some of them did a few tweaks and although I admit I wasn't the best routine type of person, they just did not give me the result I want, and I wasn't even wanting the product to remove it fast or remove it all, I just want the products to help me feel a difference. 

From milder products to the harsh ones. 

Until I realized my face doesn't give a shit anymore to mild products such as ponds. Eskinol and Maxipeel were a little harsh and they also did wonders to me, it's just that they're not consistent with their result, and I know they're effective for others. Peeling is fine with me, I can also tolerate the sting or redness. 

Some of you might recognize Marlou or Hasth5, yes? You saw how bad his skin is. I mean, he is now currently getting treatment from Flawless so I guess, he would really clear his skin in a few time. But anyway, just for you guys to imagine, his skin was just a little bad than mine before. Seriously. It's really gross and whenever I think about it, I don't want to think about it. I don't have a picture because I tend to upload edited pictures only or I only upload pictures that I looked decent before. 

One time two years ago, I was riding a cab when I heard a radio add about SKINMATE SHARK OIL that was said to be effective in removing pimples. I wasn't really paying attention. It wasn't until I visited Isetan Cubao and saw how cheap the product was that I decided to try it, not expecting anything. 



SkinMate Shark Oil Shark liver oil contains very high amount of vitamin A or chemically known as Retinol Palmitate. From Retinol Palmitate of shark liver oil, SKINMATE laboratory have developed a derivative, which is a natural occurring whitening oil. Thus SKINMATE shark oil was made possible. 



The moment I opened it, I knew exactly by the way it smelled that it's really strong. And I still took the risk because I already have a lot going on with my face, what would this product make to make it worse? I am literally thinking that at that time. 

I felt the sting the first time I used it. I used it for three nights consecutive and the peeling started even though the bottle says to use it every other night. To make it short, the pimples started to get smaller. I mean the little bumps started to disappear. I don't know, I feel static about it. The good thing is, since I told you above that I am not the best in routines, I sometimes forget to put on some and it's okay. 

Now, disclaimer! It really did wonders to my skin. My acne and acne marks are also fading faster than any product I have ever used. But of course, other imperfections caused by years and years of pimples isn't easy to get rid and some are permanent already. But a lot of people really complimented me about it. I sometimes put on some make up and it wouldn't look that bumpy and all.The moment I opened it, I knew exactly by the way it smelled that it's really strong. And I still took the risk because 
I already have a lot going on with my face, what would this product make to make it worse? I am literally thinking that at that time. 

I felt the sting the first time I used it. I used it for three nights consecutive and the peeling started even though the bottle says to use it every other night. To make it short, the pimples started to get smaller. I mean the little bumps started to disappear. I don't know, I feel static about it. The good thing is, since I told you above that I am not the best in routines, I sometimes forget to put on some and it's okay.  



This is my bare, unedited and unfiltered face! 

Now pimples just comes and go whenever Aunt Flo is coming or if she said bye, but nothing that a light make up cannot cover. Some just pops up but not as gross as before. it's tolerable. Plus I like how when my skin gets oily, it just looks dewy. 

My cousins complimented me for it. Now, this may be effective for me, but I advice against it if you have a very sensitive skin because it's really strong. Some of you might not tolerate the sting or redness. The peeling is also really very visible. But as I say it, 'Tiis Ganda' for a better look. Lol. 

This is very cheap. That bottle is 7.5 ml for 55php only. The price may vary depending on where you buy it but it's just either higher or lower than that for a few peso.That bottle catered to me for at least 2-3 weeks of using every night. My mom even buys me whenever she would have the chance although I still have a stash. 

I don't use it frequently at the moment because I already achieved my desired result. I just sometimes dab a little to some dark spots and pimples that starts to grow so it won't continue to grow. I always make sure I have a supply so whenever I would need it, I won't need to go out and buy anymore. 

I recently learned that they have also new products that you can check in their website and facebook:


This post isn't sponsored. I bought the products using my own money and blogged about my experience with the product.

0 comments