Why I did not really enjoy Legend of the Blue Sea.


Almost everyone who watched the Korean Drama Legend of the Blue Sea liked it. My sister and I watched it together. We waited every week for every episodes. Yes, I watched it. I thought it was a little entertaining but I've had enough of it that I didn't watch the last episode anymore.

Okay, this isn't a hate post or something. The series is okay, but I just had a few problems with the story and while watching it. This isn't a rant, I just had to put it out there. My sister liked it, she was actually the one who told me to try it and like I said, we waited for each episodes to be upload and for the subs so we can watch it.

Anyway, here it goes.

  • I don't know if it's just me or I didn't particularly find the chemistry between Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun. No 'kilig factor' aside from the few cheesy lines thrown to each other. I'm sorry if you think differently but this is how I feel.
  • There's a few loopholes too. About the mermaid kiss, the losing of the memory, what the mermaid knows and she should have not known or other things. I have questions almost every episodes and it annoyed me.
  • The condition about the heart of the mermaids to be stoned once their loved ones didn't love them back in a certain time is just cringe-worthy for me like what the hell? They can get their feet easily once they went to the shore automatically yet the condition about their life in land depends on their loved ones?
  • The execution of the reincarnation has brought up a lot of issues too. I really didn't particularly get how their past self get to communicate with their future self and other stuff around it.
  • The mermaid's ability is a little blurred for me too. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's like they don't realize it was there to be used all along.

Did you like Legend of the Blue Sea? What are the particular parts of it you liked?

2 comments

  1. Awwwww! I like LOTBS because of course Lee Min Ho and I think Jun Ji Hyun did a great job on this drama. She's the best when it comes to romcom films. But Goblin's still number in my heart. Haha.


    Lady Auradelle // Shoot, Eat, Write

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone into the whole time warp of K-Drama but my sister was obsessed with this show!

    Ochi | Ochi In The City

    ReplyDelete